8.19.2005

And I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

I know I said no more two sentence posts about my day, but I have to tell someone what just happened. My office is situated right next to the bay area: you know, printer, fax machine, office supplies, bulletin board, administrative assistant. Heavy-set black woman in her mid-thirties. I can hear her engaged in telephone calls all day long. Which is fine, I just shut my door, turn up my music, and give my section an imaginary pat on the back for being so self-sufficient. Right now my door is ajar because my economist was just in here. And what comes trailing in from the bay area but the wavering strains of,

I just called...to say...I love yoo-ooo-ooou!

I shit you not. The kicker: during the serenade, the second line was ringing, possibly with an actual business call, but it went unanswered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home