4.19.2006

My move as a series of lists

Things my parents didn't really need to see, but did anyway, as they packed:
-the empty carton of a box of condoms I had discretely emptied into a first aid kit
-the red satin-covered copy of the Kama Sutra I received as a gag gift in December
-a list of words for certain anatomical parts, in my handwriting as I have no printer, prepared at the request of a friend

Things I probably could have left in my old home:
-the eight foot long sofa that didn't fit up the stairs at the new place
-the two-shelf, two-drawer desk organizer I never use
-my address book from elementary school
-The Devil Wears Prada, an audiobook I bought in desperation at a Wal-Mart somewhere in the cultural vacuum of southwest Virginia after forgetting my road trip CD wallet and realizing there are no public radio stations for hours

Things I have recovered over the course of the move, in descending order of the amount of time for which they were misplaced:
-brown stone pendant on leather strap that I absolutely adore -- gift from Mom/Santa
-Mitch Hedburg, Mitch All Together
-the book that I was reading -- not that I have time to finish it now or anything

People to whom I offer worlds of gratitude:
You know who you are. I'm not calling you out. But thanks. And I love you!

1 Comments:

At 20/4/06 22:10, Blogger Mike said...

Dang, I can't believe you didn't find that Mitch Hedberg until after you left!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home